When to complete this step: At the end of each work term.
At the end of each work term interns must submit an evaluation completed by their direct supervisor. There are two methods for supervisors to complete the Supervisor Evaluation.
Please note that it is the student's responsibility to ensure that his/her supervisor completes the evaluation by the deadline.
METHOD 1: Online Form (preferred)
Supervisors are encouraged to complete the York Internship Program Supervisor Evaluation Form. Benefits for supervisors:
- it's easy to use and can be completed within minutes
- supervisors can print the form and discuss it with the student prior to submitting it online
- after the form has been submitted, the student can request to view it immediately on the Career Centre's online system
Instructions for Supervisors completing the York Internship Program Supervisor Evaluation Form:
If you are a new user, please contact the Internship/Co-op Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to request login information.
- Login at careers.yorku.ca/online-system (opens in a new window) with the username and password provided (please contact the Internship/Co-op Coordinator if you do not have this login information).
- Once logged in, click on "Evaluations" under "Internship Evaluations in the left navigation bar.
- Find the record with the correct student name and current term in the list. You may wish to use the following search filters located in "More Filters" to find your student:
- Use the “Term” field to show only records for the applicable term.
- AND/OR type the student’s first or last name in the Keywords field.
- Click on the “Edit” button beside the correct student record.
- Fill in the required information and click "Submit/Save Changes".
- You may save the form as a draft by clicking the “Save As Draft” button if you wish to finish filling in the form at another time and/or review with the student prior to submitting.
Contact the Internship/Co-op Coordinator with any questions/concerns.
METHOD 2: Organization's own Evaluation Form
Supervisors may prefer to complete and submit their own organization’s evaluation form.
- The student should request a completed and signed evaluation from their direct supervisor
- The student must scan the completed evaluation, convert it into a pdf document and upload it onto the Career Centre's online system (opens in a new window) by the deadline.
Instructions for Students to upload their supervisor's own evaluation form:
- Go to www.yorku.ca/careers/onlinesystem (opens in a new window) and log-in with Passport York username and password.
- Click on “Internships” in the left navigation bar under "My Account".
- This will direct you to the "Internships & Co-op” tab with a list of your work term(s).
- Locate your current work term record (May = Summer; Sept = Fall; Jan = Winter)
- Click "Learning Agreement, Work Term Report and Employer Evaluation”. If you clicked on the wrong work term record or no longer wish to upload a document, click "Cancel" to exit.
- Click on the "Add Attachment" button to create a new file upload field for each document you are uploading.
- Click "Choose File" and locate the file you wish to upload, then "Open". The maximum file size for each uploaded document is 1 MB. If possible, please try to keep your upload to 1 document. Please do not submit individual pages as separate documents. The name of your document should be: 'Current Term_Eval_Your Last and First Name' (e.g. S18_Eval_Smith John)
- Click "Save Changes".
You will know that your document has been successfully uploaded if you see it listed under “Current Uploaded Reports” at the bottom of the page.