When to complete this step: Fourth week of your first term with an employer.
Students who begin a new co-op are required to complete a Learning Agreement. The Learning Agreement is an opportunity to actively engage in setting objectives regarding the things that you would like to learn and skills that you would like to develop while on co-op. It is also intended to help you reflect on your co-op experience for the work term report. Please ensure you complete and submit your Learning Agreement by the deadline.
How to submit your Learning Agreement
- Go to careers.yorku.ca/online-system (opens in a new window) and login with your Passport York username and password.
- Click on “Internships” in the left navigation bar under "My Account".
- This will direct you to the “Internships & Co-op” tab with a list of your work term(s).
- Locate the record that contains your first work term in your co-op and click “Learning Agreement, Work Term Report & Employer Evaluation” pencil icon.
- Click the "Add Attachment" button and then the "Choose File" button, locate the file you wish to upload.
- The maximum file size for each uploaded document is 1MB. Title your document as follows: S18_LearningAgreement_Your Last and First Name, e.g. S18_LearningAgreement_SmithJohn
- Click "Save Changes".
- Your document has been successfully uploaded if you see it listed under “Current Uploaded Reports” underneath the 'Add Attachment' button.
If you are having difficulty completing your learning agreement, please contact the Internship Coordinator for assistance.